Ah yes. From one room to another. The idea of travel is so simple. Take oneself, and move to another place. Yet all the things in the middle make it great fun.
I guess looking at it for just myself, a 3 hour delay, missing a connection and having to take a later one.. Well that's not too bad. It does happen, and I've been on enough planes to know there's no point in getting frustrated about it. (This applies to many other faculties of life too, if it's something that's not with your control, don't stress about it.)
The problem of course being my two debaters in the south being unable to make it on time, having to make sure they can still make it to the tournament (even if they are a bit late)... Then making sure all the people traveling with me are doing okay. And having to then make sure we have a nice place to sleep in once we arrive. Well that is stressful. Yay for responsibilities.
Personally I am a fan of traveling in a pair. There is always a good balance of having to take care of the other person, and at the same time being supported by them. Traveling alone can be quite lonely, and traveling in large groups is always always messy.
In any case I am back! At first glance not much looks like its changed. But I am sure I'll notice more. I am at least already comfortable with the epic transit system here. I know which station is which, and where things are located, and etc. Traveling to a new place is always exciting, but traveling to a place you've been before also gives you a great sense of comfort.
Not quite sure what to blog. I could go into excruciating details of everything, but that would be boring.
Maybe a couple of highlights?
-I sent well over a 100 texts before leaving Calgary. Mostly trying to get updates from debaters.
-British Airways believes in giving me only 1 luggage allowance for an international flight. There's 70 dollars gone to waste there.
-Really cute AND smart baby at the airport. 14 months and this girl was insane smart already. It was good cause the girls spent a good hour playing with her which made them quite happy I think. I just ate atrocious amounts of food.
-Three seats!! Since two of our members were missing, I had three seats to myself. I LOVE WHEN THIS HAPPENS. I mean the seats in this airplane were WAY too small to start with. But still three seats means I could lie down (almost fully) and sleep. I did wake up at one point to switch sides though. Still considering how I never sleep on planes.. this was good.
-Heathrow!! Actually a great airport. Very pretty and with lots of duty-free. I <3 Duty-free. Although being short 310$ I didn't buy anything... Maybe on the way back. My mom wants me to get her a coach bag for Christmas >.<
-We had pretty good food for supper. Not great though. I got a burger with 100%
British beef.. I don't know what they were thinking but they totally overloaded the patty with pepper. They didn't let the beef shine through for what it is. Overall disappointing.
-And oh ya. We got a lot of chips. So we made a little fort. Then we made a flag with napkins. And took photos.. Ya I know, don't play with food.. But I am the responsible one right? So if I say it's okay... Then it's okay =D
Thaaatt's it. My billet seems like a very chill guy. Will analyze more of him later. Weird though, the house I am staying in seems to have very similar architecture to the one I stayed in two years ago. The "diversity" we see in Canadian houses doesn't seem to apply here it seems.
It is now 1am Germany time. Which also is the perfect time in Calgary for me to be AWAKE. Time to force myself to sleep it seems. Yay Jet Lag! Yay internal clock resetting!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.