Sunday, November 29, 2009

26 days until Christmas!




I am a tourist. I am going to take photos. And the stereotype "You are so Asian..." Well that's just silly. It just so happens that a lot of Asian people can afford and therefore tour many parts of the world. I am sorry, but WHITE PEOPLE TAKE PHOTOS WHILE TRAVELING TOO. *eyeroll*

That being aside. We went to the Christmas market here, and it is quite a pretty sight. I mean our malls and such have Christmas decorations sure, but the extent to which they celebrate Christmas is far different in Germany. In fact my billet family has these four candles, and they light one on each Sunday leading up to Christmas. Their Christmas is basically longer, and more extensive than the Canadian version.

It was in a way just a Christmas version of the stampede. Lots of repetitive food vendors, and overpriced trinkets. But still very cool to see. I once again stand behind my two person travel recommendation (especially if they are similar to you in their likes and dislikes). Being in the huge group we were... Sometimes we would slow down too much for uninteresting things (say jewelery) and then speed up for the interesting things (say food).

Still got a snap shot of the WHOLE FISH they were cooking. I was so excited.. Except there was too much fish for me to finish alone. Otherwise... Come on. A whole fish on a stick. Awesome.

Really pretty Christmas ornaments as well. But they looked super fragile. Something that would never make it back to Canada in one piece.. Unfortunately.

The day wasn't very long, but the time difference is messing with the head a bit. Keeping it relatively short tonight. Walked more familiar streets, visited more familiar schools, took more familiar trains. I could totally find things around here by myself if so chose =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.