Friday, May 1, 2009

Seeing as this is my current career plan next year...

(1) We're Unqualified
The problem that was pointed out was no clear definition of "qualified"
well.... a University student with substantial English skills, and TESOL certification should be okay..

(2) We Don't Care About Teaching
I wouldn't be doing it if this was true.

(3) We're Sexual Predators
....no.

(4) We Just Talk in Class
Aren't we being paid to talk? But really isn't it in my best interest to have a good reputation as a solid teacher who covers everything? seeing as how THAT will get me more work?

(5) We Can't Teach on Our Own
still more capable than that guy from Philippines or Thailand or Taiwan or Hong Kong or India or.....

(6) We Can't Find Jobs at Home
No one can find jobs.

(7) We're Uppity.
define uppity? I would rather not get kicked out of school by causing trouble in a foreign country. Not to mention it's one of those countries I'll visit for the rest of my life, so getting in without being sent back at customs would be preferred.

(8) We're Criminals.
since when?

(9) We're Here for Money
I am there for the experience. the money I can make is just another part of that experience.

(10) We're Unhappy
This is a condition that I am just predisposed with. I'll probably be substantial happier in a new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.